Monday, April 1, 2013

Charity Shopping

Charity Shops are a great place to find treasures.  Working with a limited budget you start to see value in things that other people regard as being rubbish.  For example I recently went to my local charity shop-The SPCA Shop.  I found a dusty Kenwood Bread Machine for R25.  I bought it home gave it a good clean and  tried it out.  It works really well!  I started imagining waking up to fresh bread in the morning. Making my own dough for pizza.... etc. Then on second thought, I thought.  Am I really going to use it?  I can go and buy bread at the shop for cheaper and do I really want to encourage my family to eat so many wheat based products?? No I don't. So I stuck it on Gumtree.co.za. Hopefully I will sell it for more than R25? We will wait and see. I will keep you posted.

My project for tomorrow after work (If my son, Matthew, will co-operate) is to go and find some special books to sell on Kalahari.  You will be surprised at how well books sell on Kalahari.  Especially books that are popular and baby books!!  They are such winners!!  Just drop your price by R10 from the lowest one and its a sure sell.  Just make sure you are honest about the condition of the book (Obviously :-P)


No comments:

Post a Comment